Medium Dense Soda Ash
Quality detergent manufacturers look to ANSAC medium dense soda ash as an attractive alternative to ANSAC dense soda ash or synthetic light soda ash.
ANSAC medium dense soda ash is a highly versatile product. It offers a competitive alternative to synthetic light soda ash by absorbing high levels of liquid while precluding the dusting and segregation problems often associated with lighter synthetic soda ash. It provides equivalent or superior absorption and dissolution performance that detergent manufacturers require for their products. Further, the density of the product allows it to be handled in bulk instead of with messy labor-intensive bags, thus offering the cost and supply advantages of bulk shipping.
ANSAC medium dense soda ash can also be utilized in select applications where dense soda ash might normally be used. Medium dense ash dissolves in water much faster than dense soda ash, a critical factor when preparing aqueous solutions. This can have a direct impact on plant operating rates.
The key advantages that ANSAC medium dense soda ash affords detergent manufacturers include:
- Post Addition Advantages
- provides similar rate of surfactant absorption and similar dissolution rates to synthetic light ash
- increases process through put and reduces manufacturing costs
- non-segregating (bulk density and particle size distribution are similar to finished detergent)
- less dusty than synthetic light ash
- absorbs temperature sensitive ingredients that are processed inefficiently in spray towers (e.g. non-ionics, perfumes, other liquids)
- Agglomeration/Dry Blending Advantages
- serves as an agglomeration process aid (aids in process control, bulk density, particle size)
- high liquid carrying capacity (e.g. silicate, surfactant, water)
- non-segregating (bulk density and particle size distribution are similar to finished detergents)
- less dusty than light soda ash
- Advantages for Spray Tower Products
- dissolves faster than dense soda ash
- lower chloride levels
- less dusty during handling than synthetic light ash