Dense Soda Ash
Manufacturers of quality flat glass, glass containers and detergents rely on the purity of ANSAC dense soda ash in making the world-class products their customers demand.
ANSAC dense soda ash is a premium quality product that combines a consistently high sodium carbonate content with very low impurity levels of chlorides and iron. ANSAC dense soda ash is guaranteed to be 99.2% pure, but has a typical purity level of 99.8%, resulting in more product when compared to a lower assay soda ash.
Key advantages of ANSAC dense soda ash include:
- Particle Size Uniformity
- ANSAC's dense soda ash is closely and consistently matched to sand grain size resulting in a homogenous sand/soda ash mix in the glass furnace. This provides predictable, controllable viscosity resulting in a final glass product that is free from distortion.
- Fewer Issues with Soda Ash Fines
- Because 97% of ANSAC Dense Soda Ash particles are 75 microns or larger, users will enjoy a more homogenous sand/soda ash mix. This actually saves money since fewer soda ash fines will be blown off and lost during production. In addition, furnace life may be extended since liquid soda ash particles, which dissolve refractories, are minimized in the gas stream. Finally, the narrow distribution of particle sizes, combined with low fines, results in less dusting and easier handling of the product.
- Lower Chloride and Iron Levels
- Chloride impurities in soda ash are harmful to the environment and to the life span of the molds and furnaces involved in glass manufacturing. The low chloride values of ANSAC dense soda ash result in less air pollution. Additionally, by producing lower exhaust temperatures during glass manufacture, furnace and mold life is extended. ANSAC dense soda ash also has relatively low levels of iron. This enables glass manufacturers to utilize cheaper, high iron sands while continuing to produce a glass that meets their standards for clarity.